AC for a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i should consider that too,

i could buy a minifridge and then mod it to fit a case inside or something

good idea

it'd probably have a lot of condensation but i'm stupid enough to try it

yeah just wrap a plastic bag around it or somthing. or evenbetter yet just buy a mini fridge and mount your mobo and componenst in the fridge itself. have like your poswersupplyand hard drive in a drawr lol

massacreinfallx said:
yeah just wrap a plastic bag around it or somthing. or evenbetter yet just buy a mini fridge and mount your mobo and componenst in the fridge itself. have like your poswersupplyand hard drive in a drawr lol

Maybe if you did it right, but the condensation would be killer. Also if you isolated the components, the heat would be trapped in the seperate compartments. They do make case/minifridges, not sure exactly how they do it.

I believe when you do something like this you have to insulate the tubing so condensation wont form.

1- get a bathtub
2-put pure nonconductive liquid in it (pure H20)
3-place everything but hd in the liquid ( possibly the PSU too)
4-have a pump that pumps liquid into a freezer filled with liqud
5-enjoy a very cool system :)

WARNING- if this works send me $200 because its my idea
WARNING- if this doesnt work (more likly) IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT U DO.

lol i wounder if that would actualy work. I know that people have completly submerged a comp (excuding the hd) and it worked for a while but then it gets electicly charged or somehing.

i guess you could make it sticking out?

but umm, whats up with the post counter...its totally not goingup. i was looking forward to my 1000 lol

peple have used oil, I dont remember where it was, but yea it was nasty haha..

If you use distilled water you will be better off as its not conductive -- I THINK

Finally, insulating the tubing could work, as long as the fit is snug and it doesnt leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom