AM2 Or Conroe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
y would you get a 3800 if you can get an e6300 for not that much more, out the box it beats the 3800 on super pi, and with a ds4/3 can often get to 3.5ghz, and do it in 17sec

Like was said above, the video card is what will matter the most. Yes, Conroe gets better benchmarks, but the difference wont be that earth shattering in-game. If you really care about having the lowest superpi score, go Conroe. If you care about getting the most out of gaming, go with a dual core Athlon X2 or Opteron, and spend the extra money on a video card like the 7950GX2.

^^^Yep, you really dont see that much difference in games, because most games performance is really determined on gpu power. I would still go with the e6400/e6300, you'll still be able to afford a great gfx card like the 7950 GX2.

From what I've read, the prices of AM2 procs are set to plumett within the next week or so. And if there isn't much of a difference between the two, I think I'll stick with AMD. Thanks so much guys for all your help

~Shando

Shando said:
From what I've read, the prices of AM2 procs are set to plumett within the next week or so. And if there isn't much of a difference between the two, I think I'll stick with AMD. Thanks so much guys for all your help

~Shando

i think thats a good idea.

Shando said:
From what I've read, the prices of AM2 procs are set to plumett within the next week or so.

Its already happened. The prices you see now are the prices you get.

well nobody NEEDED a opteron 165 at 2.8ghz, but those sold like hotcakes.

i like how people are suddenly so budget conscious

TriEclipse said:
well nobody NEEDED a opteron 165 at 2.8ghz, but those sold like hotcakes.

i like how people are suddenly so budget conscious

NOT me. :D :p

I set aside about a quarter of what I earn for future computers, so I am set for a Conroe build in January. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom