Need a good ATX case that also looks cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also wondering how I could use a hard drive cooler with that Aerocool case and have the hard drive get the benefits of the front fan.

Because hard drive coolers need 5.25" bays, right?

Then if I move the hard drive up there, it will be way above the front fan of the case. :question:

question to ask about what looks cool is too open and wide...just go with what you think looks good. The cases with the "turbines" are catching on though, they do look cool huh? :)

I think more than anything, cooling efficiency is very similar for all cases but it's up to you to take advantage of it. For example, many cases are designed for 3-4 fans and come with only one fan, usually the rear. Some people don't add fans, which of course they should.

Also, the new thing that isn't on many new cases is a top exhaust. Some suggest merely cutting a blowhole while others say to cut one for a fan.

atomic tofu said:
For example, many cases are designed for 3-4 fans and come with only one fan, usually the rear. Some people don't add fans, which of course they should.

You shouldn't necessarily have as many fans as you can possibly have in a case. You should also consider the amount of air that's getting pulled in vs. the amount of air that's getting pulled out. If you have 3 fans in the front and only 1 in the rear, all of that warm air will just be sitting around in the case raising its temperature.

Oh snap! The Aerocool case doesn't have a top hole or fan huh.

Yet the iCUTE cases do do have fans on the top.

Does that mean the iCUTE cases might be better for that reason?

I'm definitely not comfortable trying to cut a blow hole in a case.:(

hey...lookie that! My connection is slow, 56k, booniesville, images tend to stop loading, lol. The model with the top fan, might be the thing for ya. It is subjective but that idea seems to be the most current top design for best airflow with cases.

Looks like they are one of the first companies to follow modders.

do searches on this stuff to get a feel of what people think and decide if it's your thing too...some links

http://guides.pcapex.com/modding/diy:_blowholes.php

http://ourworld.cs.com/Idigguns/InstallingaBlowhole.html

here's good quick info on airflow

http://xoxide.com/computer-cooling.html

I suggest the Coolermaster Ammo 533. I've been reading a lot of reviews about it and am very impressed. I shall be getting it for my next rig

surf around and just read up...

I saw a case some guy made...of something like chicken wire! :D

Best airflow design in the world! ;p

WEll, if you look through the entire article youll find that the Aerocool case offers the lowest cpu and hdd temps overall. The chipset and vga cores are designed to take a higher load tempurature so thats not a huge issue.

It also doesnt go into extremem detail on the type of heatsinks used on the CPU and GPU.

And finally its not a website that ive ever been to and we all know that the computers built in temp sensors rarely report any accurate tempurtures.

(It doesnt say how the temps were measured)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom