Monitor screen colour flicking help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
About a few weeks ago I oc'ed my video card [which is a geforce 6600LE] without any problems, but recently [all this week] my monitor keeps going from dark to bright and the colour flicks until then it returns back to its original colour, sometimes it stays really bright or dark and I have to use the auto-image button on my monitor..
I'm just wondering what can be causing this, is it my oc'ed video card or could it be something else, this monitor is 3 years old and it's a slimview 15inch.

Thanks

i know when the video card is under stress it'll start to artifact.. but this sounds like it might be the monitor itself... bring your video card back to default and see if it still happens.. if it still happens, then its your monitor and there's really nothing you can do to fix it... if it stops, then that means you OC'd your card too much, you gotta find the sweetspot b/w performance, and non-artifacting

When the picture is dark bring up the menu on your monitor. If the menu is dark also, it's your monitor's fault. If the menu is fine but the picture is dark, then it's your card's fault. This way you dont have to change anything with your card, only hit a button.

Returned the card back to default and monitor still flicks, opened up the menu screen when monitor flicked to a red colour and it was normal..

This just occured to me, could it be that the card isn't perfectly fitted into the slot? The card uses a pci-e slot.

wouldn't hurt to check... its still unclear what the problem is.. but since the onscreen menu works.. it would seem like its the gpu, although its not 100% guaranteed...

is there a way you can test out your monitor or video card? either with a second video card or a second monitor..

Not really no. I'll open up my pc and give it a check, are there any programs which can check this kind of stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom