Sound Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebee Tuna

In Runtime
I'm having problems with my sound. A while back, I installed a sound card in my PC. I have Windows 98 with this one. Everything was working quite well, no problems. I just picked up a new monitor, that has two speakers built into it. I've installed the drivers for the monitor, and now the weird stuff begins. I can turn on/off my PC, and get the windows music telling me it's turning on/off. Now I try and play music through media player, and get nothing. I try and play games, and I get no sound whatsoever. The only thing that's changed is the monitor, but I don't know what the heck happend to the sound. Has anyone come across this problem, and how can I fix it?

go to control panel > sound speech and audio devices > sound and audio devices > audio tab > and make sure its set to the sound card and not the monitors speakers.

I've checked that and it looks like it's using the sound card. I played with it a bit, but I'm still getting no sound other then the common windows music. Is it possible that there is an IRQ conflict? It is windows 98 after all. If that's possible, where would I look?

look in device manager and see if there is a IRQ conflict that could be a posibility be sure to look closeley at the sound card and monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom