OC my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo_99

Daemon Poster
i've got an Inspiron 9200 laptop and i'm considering OCing it a little. it currently runs 30-38C idle and 55-63C on full load.

Here's my specs:

Intel Pentium M @ 1.6Ghz

RAM 1.25GB (1gb and 256mb)

Video: Radeon 9700 (128mb) i'm pretty sure that's what it is

60gb HD @ 5400rpm

i've also got a DVD/CD burner combo.

*i only listed the other stuff in case that'd make it hotter or something.*

i do some gaming on this computer but mostly on my desktop (sig) and it's nice to be able to just lay in bed and game lol.

Laptops are usually not very condusive to OCing. Their is not a lot of area for the heat to dissipate inside the laptop; it would overheat with any moderate OC.

ok thanks. that's what i was thinking and now i know for sure. i'm just starting to get fed up w/ playing DOD:source w/ low settings at the native 1440-900 res w/ only 20 FPS.

sorry man but when there is like 1.5 sq ft of space to dissapte heat your results wont be uch.

My suggestion is build a computer for in you bedroom and get wrireless M/KB then mount a 40 inch lcd tv on the wall in front of the bed :) that would be a good way to game in bed. :)

Bad idea, dont OC a laptop unless you can take a computer apart and put it together. Cause if you mess it up you have to take the mobo CMOS Chip if you oc it to much. I OCED my brand new comp from 2.0 to 2.5 good thing it was new and none of the parts fried :p

lancec2c30 said:
sorry man but when there is like 1.5 sq ft of space to dissapte heat your results wont be uch.

My suggestion is build a computer for in you bedroom and get wrireless M/KB then mount a 40 inch lcd tv on the wall in front of the bed :) that would be a good way to game in bed. :)
haha yeah i'm gonna be getting that stuff...but not the 40in monitor. i'm living in the dorms so my bed will most likely be within 5 feet of the monitor. i'd say that's good enough ;)

yeah i didn't really expect to be able to OC my laptop enough to make a noticeable improvement anyways. thanks guys.

theres ways around dells sh*ty ocing blocker, I jsut dont know it. a while back i saw a Post about it but I belive they ended up having to replace the mobo 0.o Ill try to find something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom