Blue screen of death, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennerkla

Beta member
DSC00425.jpg

This is what I get, every time I turn on my computer now, usually many hours after use. It used to not be as often. System restore does not work (just says 'incomplete' when I try). I reformated my hard drive, only to discover this same error. I did reinstall drivers and files, but what could be the problem? Any ideas? I have no idea what BIOS means.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

have u not been able to get into the os after you formatted. try runnin memtest86 to check for bad ram.

I can get into Windows just fine, it seems to come up when I'm maybe listening to music or watching a video.

I looked at Memtest86 and please forgive me, I really don't know how to work that. I know a lot about computers, but I don't know how to run that with bootables and whatnot.

try memtest86 and let that run over night then also try updating the video drivers and chipset.

Do I need alcohol 120 for this? Could you quickly tell me how to start this scan? Thank you for your help.

download memtest86 it will then have you write it to a floppy, i believe there is also a cd version, boot to it and follow the steps i believe you press T to do the full test and then let it run overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom