Conroe Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer

In Runtime
I have been trying to get the Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard, but it is sold out everywhere and has been for a while. I need it by august 25th, so im looking at other options. what would you suggest to be the best core 2 duo botherboard? (must have DDR2800)

any suggestions would be great. thanks

Order it from microcenter.com and pick it up at the store they have in Chicago.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

not the asus, unless your not OCing, of your not gonna OC then thats a great board, but if ya are gonna OC get the ds3/4, wat conroe ya getting??

^ talking about the Gigabyte DS3/DS4 models (GA-965P-DS*) I assume..

The DS4 wont be out in the USA untill september according to Gary Kay, an editor for AnandTech.

It is out in Asia currently, maybe September in the states, trying to convince Gigabyte to bring it in earlier. The price was targeted for the $150~$175 range post ramp up, the DS3 was in the $125~$150 range post ramp up. Of course the pricing is a little different now.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=1902745&enterthread=y
(bottom of the page)

Slayer needs it before then.

Slayer- I recommend the DS3, check some reviews and see what you think. Anandtech(.com) did a comparison of most conroe boards that are out now, as well as tomshardware(.com). Teh DS3 is great as well as the DQ6, bute ht DQ6 is also almost $USD300.

I am also getting a MB for my conroe. I will be overclocking as much as I can (going with water!). Should I go with the GigaByte GA-965P-DQ6 or P5W DH Deluxe? Thanks, I just wanted some help before I take the plunge and pick one!

i think the best over clokers are the ds2/4 but seeing as the dq6 is more expenive verion i geuss it should be pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom