strange problem with my start menu, advice needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkonflictx

Solid State Member
I was re-arranging my start menu and adding shortcuts to it.. when suddenly it doubled in size :amazed:

Pic...

startmenu.jpg

The whole area highlighted in red wasnt there before it just came out of nowhere but i cant figure out it what iv done? Or how to get it back to normal? I would do system restore but havent made a restore point for like 22 hours and have done LOADS since then!

Any ideas guys?

just do a system restor prior to that point it doesnt have to be within 22 hours just find the last good one. also try disabling your theme program you are using and set it back to windows default see if it is still there.

Nah restore is a no go i dont have any points except those before i changed lots of stuff i want to keep.

I actually got it back by right clicking, going to properties, customize, and changing the number of programs displayed.

Weirdly tho.. the default is 6 supposedly, but when its at 6 thats when it looks like it did in the picture. Only when i set it to zero does it go back to normal but its obviously showing more than zero programs.. not sure whats going on there?

Guess it doesnt matter now its back to normal but still a bit weird. Ah well, thanks for the replie mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom