Northbridge overheating issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripp1n

Solid State Member
Was wandering what temps you guys have with your northbridge as mine is reaching 60C on my x2 3800 just listening to music!!!
With my zalman9500 it started off at 55c idle and climbing, and with my stock hsf it would be at 45C, but now both reach to high for my taste.
They both seem to be attached correctly only problem i could see is i did mix a little of zalman compound with compound from stock hsf, but even if that was the case when i first installed the zalman with only its paste it still hit 60c.
My cpu temps seem fine though at idle would be 28-30C with zalman and ~33 with stock hsf.
I did bend a few pins then manage to bend them back to be able to get it into the socket, could that be a problem ??
Would love some input, thanks.

does your nortbridge heatsink have a fan attached to it ?? if not you could install one, or if it does your best option is getting a better one

I am confused here

Your northbridge temp has nothing to do with your cpu HS/F Its a seperate chip on the board. Does the northbridge have just a heatsink or is there a fan as well.

oh sorry i could of swore northbridge was related to my cpu!! If it isnt why were my temps different when i would use the stock hsf or the zalman.
Well im running a dfi lanparty nf4, so whatever stock heatsink it came with is what im using. If so would it be the little fan thats on the motherboard itself below the graphics card thats reporting this degress??

ok lmao northbridge refers to the motherboard then?
i think ifound problem there was a twisty stuck in the motherboards fan i took it out booted up and am at 44C idle now, was that it??
Could any problems arise from a cpu that had kinda bent pins but still latched in correctly that will rise the temps??

You got it,, that's it. The northbridge refer's to the northbridge chipset and on your board there is a little hsf on it to keep it cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom