Need a good ATX case that also looks cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navaros

Baseband Member
I've been using an iCUTE case as seen in this link here. I like it because the lighting effects are really awesome with the two sparkley blue pillars in the front, and the LED square part in the front changes to 7 different colors. Plus the fans make a very powerful swirl light effect of a RGB blend, an effect that some of the "JustCooler" fans I bought failed miserable at replicating even using the same colors (those lights are not as powerful as the iCUTE fan lights and look like total crap when I tried to replace an iCUTE fan with a dead LED light and still get the swirl effect from a JustCooler brand fan).

Here is a link to what I have now:

My Current Case

What I also like about this is that there are two slots for fans in the back, above where the Graphics Card sits. A fan on the top panel, one fan on the side panel. And space for four fans in front of the hard drive, although I've never been able to install any there because I can't understand the instructions for how to take the front panel off this case (it involves pushing some plastic doohickeys together through their holes, or something).

Also I was considering upgrading to this one because it also looks really cool to me:

Should I buy this case?

Out of the two, which one would you get?

Having said all that, I do not know if there are technical reasons why these case might not be good. If there are, what are they?

Is there a better case in terms of keeping my hardware in top shape or would these ones do as good as any?

I am going to be building a high end gaming system so my #1 priority is system with great cooling and that will keep my hardware in top shape. Looks are a #2 priority. Ideally I'd want a case that lights up in a similar way to these two, but has optimum cooling.

I won't use any iCUTE power supplies since obviously they suck so this thread is about a case itself, not PSU's.

Those cases remind me of a turbo-jet engine.

I like Gigabyte's 3D Aurora case.

Here's a good review on it: http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=810&pageID=1627

I have the one with the side window, not that meshy side crap. As far as looks, 3 LED fans with water cooling = bad ***. It has great cooling, in my opinion, it's just a huge case.

They are much more high quality and the large fna on the side panel provides a very good amoun tof airflow to the motherboard, cpu and gfx card. I have had god experience with theyre fans and they are always silent and look and run great.

Look up some reviews on the case on google and im sure youll see they agree.

Are there any more considerations I might need to make before deciding on a case?

Ie: I've never used a hard drive cooler before but I am going to start using one. Would I have to verify that the case would have space for the size of the hard drive cooler, or is all that standard ATX stuff hence I don't need to worry?

I guess I can't really use things like cathode lights effectively with that Aerocool case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom