Water Cooling Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol not liking what i posted is fine, i dont like it either. for a noob its fine, so he doesnt mess up a 250 dollar water cooler, so he doesnt have to go out and find every last part he may need one by one and then when he gets the shipment realize he forgot something. its a kit that had everything for him to go, it was a link to a site that have several more kits that he could have found one with better reviews.

the immature part was the cursing for no reason thats all.

and aspire, yes i do no that i need to defend myself. I also hold a job and a postion that most of you can only dream of having.You get a job like i have by knowing when you can use sub par parts to hold you over, when you need the standerd parts, and when you need those high proformance parts.

some of you forget not everything needs to be high proformace, or the top of the line, right off the bat or even if at all.

Thats all my point is, if you disagree with it fine its what makes you human. but you can disagree in a more professional and mature way is all. simply saying i heard that model is really bad try this, or that model gets really bad reviews would have been fine. like what B1gap1 said is a perfect example of being mature, he disagreed in a respectful way. you did not aspire thats all.

PS. i am sorry Shando for getting this thread way off topic.

Well, if you noted the fact that the two links i posted are complete kits with everything you need to assemple and use your loop.

Also i know th eowners of the store personally and they include an in depth guide on how to assemble the kit.

They also have aim and are always free to answer any questions anyone might have about any of their products.

If your curious Shando, you can reach the owner on aim at KuraiKitsune01

IM sorry you took offense to what i said King, but that kit is quite simply a hazzard to a system. It is also a poor performer as well. IMHO its better to spend the money now and get a good high quality, high performance loop than to settle for a prebuilt kit with dangerous and mediocre performance.

Just my .02

See thats a much better post Aspire and i do agree with you 100%, the company you suggested sounds much better specially with the information you just posted and it was a much better way to get your point across to where you have me agreeing with you and not argueing over something stupid.

To spend more money to get something better is always nice, but sometimes we are just not able to. so maybe a 100 dollar set up is more realistic. also i did note your 2 links were full set ups, but obviously you posted after me lol.

And the point of forums is to have more then one way to go by having many ppl share ideas, i dont understand why other posters here attack ppl responding trying to help instead of helping as well with an equal or better idea for someone to persue.

aspire.comptech said:
Pump
CPU Block
GPU Block
Tubing either 7/16 inch or 1/2 inch inner diameter
Reservoir or T-line
Radiator
Worm Drive Clamps
Arctic Silver 5
Hydrx Additive
Fans for the radiator
PTFE Thread Tape

If you wanted to have your gpu and cpu cooled, estimate at about 250

For just the CPU estimate 200

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecogpuba.html

or

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecoba.html

*EDIT* Feel free to ask around the forums, the consensus show that they are a complete waste of money and a hazard to your computer.

Keep in mind that putting together a water cooling loop takes a good 4-6 hours of setup.

i agree with you but, i'd use just distilled water and bleeding a setup can take up to 24 hrs with a T line to get all the bubbles out. and then you have to check for leaks and all the fun stuff. :D

You can leak test at the same time as bleeding the loop of air.

I basically ran the pump without the comp on for about 8 hours and it was enough to get most of the air out anf leak test.

Its just so much easier to fill and bleed the loop with a tline than with a reservoir.

And yes you use distilled water, but the additive is an anti bacterial agent and is simply added to a half gallon of the distilled water. It also prevents corrosion between unlike metals in the loop and makes my water green :p

Wow... this guy really told him to buy Big water? o.o;

Dude, your talking about you're dream job that you got because you're all brainy, yet you offerd him to utterly waste 100$? O.O.

Except corrosion due to the fact they mix metals in their water kits, he won't get anything special from that kit, corrosion and far higher temps he'd get with a simple stock cooler o.o;;;

Now some insight about W/C:

First off, be well prepared for the fact you will have LIQUID floating around inside your case, now you maybe never thought of it, but yes, its far more dangerous than using fans, if a fan malufunction, at most it will short your computer or not move air, but if a water cooling kit malufanction and leak while your computer is up and running, you're motherboard, ram, cpu and every other PCI/E/AGP card that you have installed are in major danger of burning up.

Thats a first thing, secondly, Never mix metals within your water cooling kit, I mean like, buy a radiator that has Aluminum fins/pipes and a Copper based heatsink, that will cause the water to turn "Cloudy" [Or, "Milky"].

Also regarding to the Liquid, I suggest either Car Coolant [Have yet to test it, but I will soon, I've heard it works great] OR a 99.9% Distilled/De-Ionized water with Zerex Cooling Racing Additive, or Pentsoin of any sort, that or any other Alege and Corrosin inhibitor [Just incase, even if you don't mix metals its a good thing to have that in your water].

And last, Listen to Aspire! :D he knows what he's saying!

-Jo.

aspire.comptech said:
*EDIT* Feel free to ask around the forums, the consensus show that they are a complete waste of money and a hazard to your computer.[/B]

Yup, total pieces of crap. Petra's kits though are a different story; they are very good from what I've heard. I personally have a custom loop from dangerden. Check them out if you want to, but they are pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom