hard disk not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
A freezer bag......a bag that you can place chicken in and then place it into the freezer (ice box) and it would be safe from freezer burn. This actually works. A hardware guy just did it last week and saved our internal image server (DeathStar) from kicking the bucket. I've done it on several other occasions and it DOES work. (As does placing your keyboard in the dishwasher)

-Mike

can it bring it back to life

does the dishwasher thing work with the keyboard, how about putting the keyboard in the washing machine.

The washing machine will probably turn your keyboard into a mouse :)

But freezer tricks work with a lot of hardware - especially with car radios. I disconnected the battery from my car and the code on the radio froze and I was buggered - the old freezer trick reset the radio and allowed me to enter a new code :D

The keyboard in the dishwasher trick works but:

A: If you have quick keyboard buttons (Internet button, volume controls, etc) then I wouldn't do it ;)

B: DON'T USE SOAP :) Just run it with warm water....

-Mike

Washing machine? Are you serious?

Here's the real scoop on the Hard Drive

TRY THE FREEZER THING... if it doesn't work... here's the possible scenarios:

1. If you're Hard Drive is getting power, go to the yellow pages and look up data recovery. You may still be able to recover the data. There's a guy where I live who can recover data for about 500 bux (and that's the cheapest I've found).

If you're not getting power to the hard drive... the hard drive would have to be sent to a cleaning room where they take it apart and literally clean the platters and replace the mechanics inside (dummy terms) and see what data they can get off of it. And the cheapest I've found for doing that is about 1300 bux.

There are many other issues / solutions, but this is pretty much the just of it. And if you didn't have valuable data... don't worry about it, get a new one and be sure to back up your data moving forward.

AS for the Keyboard thing... I've never done it, and wouldn't suggest it. =O)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom