Hows the quality of the mobos for Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
I've heard thats its a good idea to wait for some more motherboards to come out before buying a conroe. Are the motherboards not that great?

They're a little sketchy for Conroe right now. November is a better time for buying computer stuff, anyway. Prices are lower.

Dan

I wouldn't know personally, still waiting to get one, but from what I've seen and heard, the Asus p5w dh needs a bios update or two just to be compatible with conroes, it isn't compatible out of the box.

there's an MSI board thats $96 on newegg that will run conroe out of the box, al boards based on the P965 should be able to run it out of the box

The selection for the higher-end motherboards for Conroe is :cough: :cough: limited and WAY overpriced. Wait for a month or two for more stable boards and for the prices to fall.

the p5ws are fixed now, cos a new batch came out ehats compatable with the conroes!

a bunch of motherboards, even like $50 ones will work with conroe, but its the overclockability thats a problem with them. and not ocing a conroe is practically a crime. and the boards that oc well are pretty expensive...

*wishes for something amazing like the dfi lanparty nF4 SLI-DR or Ultra-D*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom