User Accounts and priviliges denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesmag2325

Beta member
I've XP Pro on my system and I recently ran Spybot S&D to grt rid of spyware, etc; and now my system is a bit messed up. It is now logging on as Guest and all my administrative priviliges are gone -- or maybe hidden. I don't have access to System Restore; and when I log off it goes back to Guest. Luckily, I can still work around and access some of my files and folders.

But I can't do basic stuff as changing wallpaper, installing programs, or accessing the Control Panel to fix user accounts. How do I get back administrative rights? And, of course, I cannot access System Restore and a few of the default XP [tweaks], right now.

Boot into safe mode, access the user accounts that way. You may also want to try tweeking the login process.

From the runline:

control userpasswords2

Make it so the user has to hit CTRL ALT DEL before signing in...

You can also make it so one account logs in automatically, and you can do that by managing users.

well number one have you tried a system restore lol and also try backing up your documents booting to safemode and logging into the administrative default accound then create a new account and delete your old one that should restore it. sounds like alot of the advanced andministrative options got tweaked and its not worth the time of going through all of those.

Took your advice but I'm having problems --whether in safe mode or logged on as Guest-- in which I keep getting this message: Windows cannot find 'C\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe'...

And I remember, now, that I started getting this since I ran Spybot S&D. What else to do?

Also, I can't do basic stuff --even System Restore-- because of the rundll32.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom