Computer Died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay thanks. i was thinking of running to best buy today to grab one, versus using newegg cuz i pretty much need it by tonight. If I buy it online and it turns out its not my power supply (which I highly doubt, but there's always a chance), its going to really put me behind in my work. Is best buy an okay bet or not?

no thats perfectly fine just find a decent one in your price range mabey even higher wattage :)

okay sweet.. so when looking for a powersupply, they should all be pretty compliant, if i understand correctly.. and i will be looking for 500+ watts

yup just make sure it fits your case which as you stated is an ATX12v so just look for those and be sure it has the p4 connector if you have a graphics card that uses an extra power cord.

awesome, i replaced the power supply with an upgraded 500w PSU (dunno what difference that will make on my machine) and everything is working fine. I really appreciate you guys help. One last thing... is there a way to help prolong the life of power supplies? (temp, dust etc) or do they just die on their own?

lol they just die lol really nothing you can do but thats a decent power supply if you ever decide to upgrade a graphics card or w/e. good luck.

glad your up and running. Not much to really do to prolong the life of a psu, maybe the biggest thing is to run a quality surge protector, other then that, never plug in your pc. :)

A good surge supressor and when you're not using your PC unpug it. Capacitors have a live expectancy based on hours some are 10,000 hrs 15,000 hrs or more but you never now that before or after buying it. Tha's what some call marketing strategy less live expectancy sooner you'll buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom