What OS a the best for Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 2003 server is quite stable, just like any OS, it will crash if you can't set it up properly. M$ has gotten better, it's not like NT server anymore. It sounds like you guys are just judging base on your reading? I see nothing wrong with that though, I mean you have your opinions but have you ever tried it before?

brady said:
rofl.. title reads : Microsoft Gains in Web Server Market

webservers, well yeah... Inexpensive, and doesn't need env management.

ROFFLES!!!

o rly? You mean webservers don't count as servers? Gotch'ya ;)

I don't think the original post was very specific on what type of server, lets quote it:

What OS a the best for Server -

Linux?
FreeBSD?
Windows2003?
Other?

I heared thad FreeBsd is the best

What OS a the best for Server?

Teh Linux!!1

Do you think huge websites like Google use Windows Server 2003?

Answer (quoting this site ):

All machines run on a stripped-down Linux kernel. The distribution is Red Hat (Quote, Chart), but Hoelzle said Google doesn't use much of the distro. Moreover, Google has created its own patches for things that haven't been fixed in the original kernel.

Google's servers != Windows Server 2003

The General wins!

No but why is Windows and Unix almost tied, that means a lot about Windows don't you think? The reason Windows isn't so popular in some category of server is because it took M$ to long to mature, and Unix has been around before M$ was ever invented so Unix was already successful and grap the market in the web servers, dot-com era before Windows server.

KO

Apple had a GUI before Windows, and Windows pwns Apple on market share, so UNIX being around longer is no excuse.

The General said:
KO

Apple had a GUI before Windows, and Windows pwns Apple on market share, so UNIX being around longer is no excuse.

Yes it does, in 1993 what was Unix competition with Windows? Windows 3.0, 3.1 LOL. NT server at that time, was a joke and no way near Unix. So when did the Internet exploded? Just about that time or earlier. So who already had the market, Unix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom