I can't overclock high :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKM

Baseband Member
I have a Intel Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz 512Kb Northwood.
Asus P4P800-X.
2 x 512mb PC2700 Ram.
Asus Nvidia 6800.
Seagate 200GB IDE 7200 rpm.

I can only get a stable 3.36 Ghz.
I already tried changing the dividers, but that did not work.
When I put it on 3,5Ghz. I get a bsod and then my computer restarts.
Can anyone help me please, Thanks.

I get a BSOD everything higher than 213, but 210 is stable.
I am using the cooler that came with my prebuilt pc, I have put the computer in another case, and I bought the new mobo.
The Cpu cooler is from Coolermaster, and it goes 3300 to 3400 Rpm. But, when I tried to take the cpu of the heatsink, it was stuck, so I was cutting the whole time in the Heatsink, and ten light it to make it warm a little bit, and then the cpu went loose.

JKM said:
I get a BSOD everything higher than 213, but 210 is stable.
I am using the cooler that came with my prebuilt pc, I have put the computer in another case, and I bought the new mobo.
The Cpu cooler is from Coolermaster, and it goes 3300 to 3400 Rpm. But, when I tried to take the cpu of the heatsink, it was stuck, so I was cutting the whole time in the Heatsink, and ten light it to make it warm a little bit, and then the cpu went loose.
Wait... Did you take the whole HSF off the actual CPU and put on a new one?

No, same heatsink, same cpu, same fan, that came with the prebuilt pc.

I don't get this though:

when I tried to take the cpu of the heatsink, it was stuck, so I was cutting the whole time in the Heatsink, and ten light it to make it warm a little bit, and then the cpu went loose.

Perhaps you could rephrase the question?

Did you lock the PCI bus? I bet that is where the problem is as you reach the limit at about that speed. (If you haven't locked it and have SATA drives they may become corrupt.)

The heatsink was glued onto the cpu, because that company where I have bought my pc, used a weird pasta for the heat, I was trying to get the cpu of the heatsink. With a knife, I damaged the heatsink a little, by cutting into it.
When that didn't work, I grabbed a lighter, and made the heatsink a little bit warm, so the cpu went loose from the Heatsink. But the temperatures of the Cpu are 28 to 33 on idle, and 44 max. at Load. Overclocked to 3.36Ghz.

Trifid said:
Did you lock the PCI bus? I bet that is where the problem is as you reach the limit at about that speed. (If you haven't locked it and have SATA drives they may become corrupt.)

I don't know if I locked the PCI bus, I will have to take a look, but I can change the PCI and Agp voltages in the Bios. And I have IDE. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom