XP Home/Pro Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangaroo

Daemon Poster
I am just wondering what the massive difference is between Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home Edition?

Is it that Home Edition doesn't support RAID, Networking or other advanced configurations?

there are more advanced configurations that are possible for user accounts.... besides just administrator account and limited account. i'm sure there's other stuff, but this is what i know of. For example, you can't have Power Users in XP Home.

The two most significant differeces are 1)XP Pro CAN be part of a domain while XP Home CANT.
2)XP Pro can use the remote desktop connection to remote control other computers.. while XP Home can ONLY BE REMOTE CONTROLLED.

Good Stuff huh.. :)

I prefer to use XP Pro as I is a lot less stuborn when it comes down to changing from one network to another.

It's a real pain Xp Home disides that it's like one network, and does what to connect to a new network.

HoLoCroN said:

2)XP Pro can use the remote desktop connection to remote control other computers.. while XP Home can ONLY BE REMOTE CONTROLLED.

i just use netmeetings remote desktop to get around the not being able to control other pc's

ive heard XP Pro is more stable
and I know there are more features and more editability in Pro
I'd really like to use thinks like services.msc but i can't because ive got XP Home

I can tell you from working on many XP Pro and HOme systems, Pro is definately more stable than home. The home PC's I have come across eventually all have problems with drivers specifically video, USB and sound drivers. These incompatabilities usually cause the PC to boot to a completely black screen and then from that point on, take your shoes off honey because your going to be there for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom