Copy a file in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

drajgvs

Beta member
Hello friends,

I need help to copy a file being used by another program. The program creates a temp file while processing the file and deletes the same on exit. I need to copy the temp file. I need some help on this

This is in reply to brady,

I play a flash video from the net. The video is played in Internet explorer. IE creates a temp file while the file is downloaded and played from the web. Once the app is closed, the temp file is deleted. I try to copy the file while IE is open, and Win XP says permission denied as the file is in use by another program. How do I copy the temp file, while the file is used by IE? Thanks for your interest.

Are you trying to "save" the flash file or something? Those tmp's are usually "hidden" files as well as temps. Those files weren't designed to be copied or moved in anyway.

While I've never personally tried any of the freewares for saving flash movies, I would recommend trying one.

I would google search for "Save Flash Files".

There a quite a few out there that might help with this.

also if you have firefox you can just view the page info and take the flash right out of the page let me know and i can show you how to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom