buying a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lower prices are what I'm hoping for in a few months. The time of being out framed in CS is coming to an end my friend. Let the bodies hit the floor. YEah Baby!!!! I have another question for you, Merlin. After receiving my computer from Cyberpower, how can I check and make sure I got what I paid for??? Like the chip being a "full box chip"?

solarhawk said:
Lower prices are what I'm hoping for in a few months. The time of being out framed in CS is coming to an end my friend. Let the bodies hit the floor. YEah Baby!!!! I have another question for you, Merlin. After receiving my computer from Cyberpower, how can I check and make sure I got what I paid for??? Like the chip being a "full box chip"?

Hmm, well good question.... You could probably read the serial numbers off teh CPU, but that would require removing the heatsink and fan.....:confused:

The Merlin said:
Hmm, well good question.... You could probably read the serial numbers off teh CPU, but that would require removing the heatsink and fan.....:confused:

Man, I hate putting that kind of money out and still not knowing what I'm really getting.:angry: I'm not a big fan of "I's takes me chances". :rolleyes: There has to be some way of checking my system to verify what's in it. Right???

They are a reputable company and if they do screw you over then nag them SOB's till you get your bloody money back;) BBB and usually investigative reporters for News stations love going after that stuff:p

Fragino said:
Got an ATI 9600XT. Works just fine after 2 months. Of course I haven't tried overclocking it yet.

If you're looking for a good card to overclock and if you're brave, buy a 9500pro. With a little skill, you can turn it into a 9700pro or even better. On top of that, I wouldn't recomend the 9600 to most people. You can get a 9700 pro for under $200 now, and the 9800 pro is only $30 more than that.

n_derr said:
If you're looking for a good card to overclock and if you're brave, buy a 9500pro. With a little skill, you can turn it into a 9700pro or even better. On top of that, I wouldn't recomend the 9600 to most people. You can get a 9700 pro for under $200 now, and the 9800 pro is only $30 more than that.

I think they discontinued the 9500 Pro awhile ago:confused:

The 9800 Pro can be OC to 9800XT speeds using Powerstrip, and the nice thing about the 9600XT is that it comes with it's own OC tool;)

im just curious as too how much i could sell my computer for, its fairly new, only a few months old, i want to sell it so that i can build another system....specs:

- amd athlon xp 2400+ (OC to 2.2ghz 294mhz fsb)
- aquarius II water cooling
- 768mb of pc3200 (biostar m7ncd mobo)
- 80gb 7200 rpm 8mb buffer western digital
- case has side window, with 2 fans(one with blue led inside p/s,t he other is outside) on 400 watt p/s and one case fan on side window, and a blue led light
- creative audigy 2 ls 5.1 24-bit sound card
- 52x32x52x cd-rw opterite
- 16x dvd-rom
- yellow round cables
- 1.44mb floppy
- geforce fx 5200 128mb

Thanks for the info on the OC. I'm not really into that state yet. I usually only do it when I'm stretching the usability of the system to get more life out of them as they get older.

You know how they say one dog year is seven human years? I suspect that one computer year is equivalent to 20 human years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom