AMD Athlon 64 Overclocks Post here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too shabby. Got my 3500+ to ~2500MHz, i think. I can't seem to remember and i've been having HSF issues recently, so i haven't overclocked in a while. My sig says 2.4GHz, but i've got it on the stock 2244MHz. I have unlocked multipliers, but my mobo will only allow up ot 11x, and that's what i'm on. I also think i've got a bad temp sensor, because on stock cooling, it used to read ~30C, i bought a new HSF, to jumped up to ~50C+, and currently, back on stock, it's at 50C+.

Me = frustrated.

My 3700+ at 2.75ghz on 1.5 vcore... 12hour prime stable...temps have never gone above 43 full load.

My x2 4400+ should be here thursday so i'm eager to see what I can do with that.

Snake-Eyes said:
Not too shabby. Got my 3500+ to ~2500MHz, i think. I can't seem to remember and i've been having HSF issues recently, so i haven't overclocked in a while. My sig says 2.4GHz, but i've got it on the stock 2244MHz. I have unlocked multipliers, but my mobo will only allow up ot 11x, and that's what i'm on. I also think i've got a bad temp sensor, because on stock cooling, it used to read ~30C, i bought a new HSF, to jumped up to ~50C+, and currently, back on stock, it's at 50C+.

Me = frustrated.

You do not have an unlocked multiplier. The only AMD chip that has an unlocked multiplier, are the FX series. You can lower the multiplier on your chip, but it is locked at 11x.

I got my 3200+ to 2.3GHz. My RAM sucks though, and it didn't like the FSB running that fast.

CrazeD said:
You do not have an unlocked multiplier. The only AMD chip that has an unlocked multiplier, are the FX series. You can lower the multiplier on your chip, but it is locked at 11x.

I got my 3200+ to 2.3GHz. My RAM sucks though, and it didn't like the FSB running that fast.

True. Unless he's using an XP series Athlon, in which case he'd be posting in the wrong thread anyway.

Let's see, my old Athlon64 3000+ Venice as able to hit about 2.9GHz Prime stable at 1.55V. My X2 now can hit 2.945GHz Prime stable at like 1.475V. I'm able to get it higer but my ram is holding me back.

I need to raise the vcore but it will only goto 1.4v so i cant keep it this high while playing games, im running it at 2.71ghz stable now (stock cooling).

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom