I think I got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickensandwich

Solid State Member
Well I think I finally got my computer. but before I start purchasing my stuff i want to know if it's all good... and if it goes well together.

Also I need to know what else I might need to buy.

CPU -- Intel core 2 duo e6600

Mobo -- Asus P5W DH Deluxe Conroe 975X

Memory -- G.SKILL 2GB 2GBZX

Graphics -- Radeon® X1900 XTX 512MB PCI Express®

H. Drives -- Western Digital Raptor X 150G WD1500AHFD SATA 10000RPM 16MB

Sound Card -- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

Speakers -- Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker

Pwer Sply -- OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W

Moniter -- Sceptre 20" Wide DVI LCD

Case -- Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS Black Full Tower Case w/25CM Fan Side Panel

Cooling -- Petra'sTech CoolKit Basic

Ok I updated it. Thank you for all the advise, although I have one more question i have the 2 raptors wich have 300 G put together, Do you guys think that is enough for normal gaming? btw this will cost me about 3,500 or so

What if I were to add another Graphics card? I also want to know the two 150 raptors are worth it(with raid 0) because if I take one away I could add another Graphics card and run crossfire.

Also can you tell us the timings of those memory sticks??

and the PSU isn't an overkill its a great PSU although I do recommend you get the 600w of that same model.

Also, yes I am also gonna advise you to go with E6600 over the E6700. theres absolutly no diffrence between the two.

Oh and that water cooling, dont get a prefab kit, get one from : www.petrastechshop.com <<AWSOME prices, and AWSOME service!

Other than that, your setup is awsome[could replace the X1900XTX with an XT cus if you overclock you can get same speeds eventualy, buuuut an XTX is more convinient to some]

-Jo.

general performance will increase with 2 raptors. gaming performance will increase with 2 cards in crossfire. personally, i would go with the 2 gpus... not that its needed or anything.. just for fun!

aliasaid said:
general performance will increase with 2 raptors. gaming performance will increase with 2 cards in crossfire. personally, i would go with the 2 gpus... not that its needed or anything.. just for fun!

x1900xtx can handle all games @ max settings already, except maybe oblivion, but even quad gpu solution wont max the HDR on that game... perhaps in 2-3 years time there would be a gpu that can max out oblivion's settings and HDR.

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom