Hardware trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Theron

In Runtime
There is a problem with my friends computer. Every time he turns it on nothing shows up on the screen and something makes a beeping sound over and over again in intervals of 5-7seconds. Its not like a clicking noise from the hdd or anything but a beeping that sounds like its coming from the motherboard. Everything seems to be connected inside. It even has a btx case, the only things i know that it has 256mb pc2700 ram. 40gb hdd wd caviar, onboard video, 200watt psu, socket 478 i dont know what cpu is in there and my friend doesnt either im guessing intel cus of the socket? i hope i can get some help thanks. i also tried a different monitor and nothing

go to the motherboard site those sounds you are hearing are beep codes they will tell you what is wrong lol. old school huh :)

man i duno what exact model it is, cant i do somthin like try and reset the ram or somthin or would that just be a waste of time. This btx case is so **** small and annoying. Psu fan is spinning and cpu fan to.

make sure all the cables are seated properly and you will need to get those beep codes i dont know what elese to tell you that will give you the answer right away instead of me telling you what to do to test each peace of hardware.

hahaha unless you would like me to write you a book i dont think i can tell you everything but since you arent even getting a video image and you have integrated graphics i think they failed you need to go out and buy a video card that has a good return policy test and see if that works then if it does look for a new motherboard or just keep the card.

well thanks for your help ima see what i can do. If nothin works then ima scrap the pc and sell it for parts lol. I got a old laptop that works so ima give it to my friend and ask him what he wants to do with this pc perhaps then i can scrap it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom