CS Latency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i doubt that i have a 7900 GT aswell and i also get high ping around 50 ms also the other day my friend came over and we had a lan party and he got about 30 ms where as i got 40-50 ms i also put back in my 6800 card and found that i get a ping of 0 ms now i am almost certain this is due to just bigger HDR lighting packets but i have yet to find out the main mistery of what is causing this

Erich K said:
It's probably because either, he has a better internet provider, or he lives closer to the internet provider's building.

we have same internet service provider and he lives 2 houses down...

jcortes said:
i doubt that i have a 7900 GT aswell and i also get high ping around 50 ms also the other day my friend came over and we had a lan party and he got about 30 ms where as i got 40-50 ms i also put back in my 6800 card and found that i get a ping of 0 ms now i am almost certain this is due to just bigger HDR lighting packets but i have yet to find out the main mistery of what is causing this

so what would i do to fix this?

bmxfreakrider said:
um, iono, maybe turn a few settings down, that did wonders on my 7600gt, i dont know how, but turning down my settings in halo made my ping go from like 100 to <30

thats because the packets are smaller the less detail.

i diddnt spend 300 bucks on a video card so i could turn my settings down.

especially when sombody with onboard graphics is doing better then i am.

im leaning twards the router as being theproblem

massacreinfallx said:
i diddnt spend 300 bucks on a video card so i could turn my settings down.

especially when sombody with onboard graphics is doing better then i am.

im leaning twards the router as being theproblem
Why not replace it and find out then?

if you havent read my post i have the same card and the same problem its due to bigger packets.

jcortes said:
if you havent read my post i have the same card and the same problem its due to bigger packets.

yeah i did but what you said just confused the **** out of melol

can you please explain?

what is a packet? is there anyway to improve thisproblem?

thanksalot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom