Getting into safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse_XIV

Beta member
I'm using a Windows XP and I need to get into safe mode but i'm not sure how to do that. Any help would be appriciated.

Right before the spalsh screen, (the one before it loads) im 70% sure you just repeaditly tap F8.

It might be another F so Il let another member clarify my statement.

for intel its F8 for BIOS or F12 for boot options

for amd is usually delete and then exit the BIOS in safe mode. Depends on your motherboard I believe.

I've tried pressing most of the "F's" and I couldn't find the option on the settings screen. I haven't tried pressing F8 repeatedly so I will, I hope this works. Thanks.

i'm not sure either but i believe its F8. just keep pressing it and hope you don't mess anything up :D

Jam3s-Zer0 said:
Start > run > msconfig > boot.ini > safeboot > apply > close.

why make it that advanced all you need to do is press F8 at the splash screen lol no need to confuse people haha.

jcortes said:
why make it that advanced all you need to do is press F8 at the splash screen lol no need to confuse people haha.
I actually find my instructions easy to follow step by step :D
Also some PC's dont use the 'f8 method' so my way is a certain way to do it.

I've tried pressing most of the "F's" and I couldn't find the option on the settings screen.
My way is alot simpler.

i wouldnt see how your method is simpler than pressing f8 but i didnt read the post that he couldn't get that to work so i guess that will work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom