Windows Won't Start Up Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deimos

In Runtime
Today was the first time my computer was off for any extended period since I reinstalled windows. When I start it up it takes me to that menu with several options on either, Start windows normally or safe mode etc. But When I select start normally or any of the other options it will ethier freeze in that menu or go blank and restart and bring me back to that menu. I really have no idea what the problem is and it's becoming fustrating.

hmm have you just tried reformatting again since you dont have much on there yet after a reinstall.

Well when I boot from the disc an error sign comes up. I can check to see what the error says.

No you know when you boot the windows install disk, and it brings you to a screen with

Windows
=======

at the top, and it's preparing to start installation, that's when the error comes up.

Ok it looks like the windows reinstall disk might work, should I repair or reinstall. I really don't want to install everything over again, I've been on my computer all week getting everything back on. But if repair dosn't work I don't want to waiste my time with it.

repair should work just try it and if it doesnt then formatting is your only option. now if it does this again after format run a check disk to check the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom