Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
j4ckaL said:
yes I thought of that too....

well you could Bookmark the threads in your browser so that you can find them easily when you need to direct someone to them. As for other people finding them on their own... I doubt they would bother to look...

can you stop H8ing for a minute? I've answer thousand of questions here. I can't, don't, won't have the time to bookmarked them.

you have some websites, say like www.videohelp.com that they have guides. they also help with computer questions.

now I use to write guides there. I use to visit their site for a year in a half (1999-2000) before I even made my first post. I use to use the guides for references.

one day when right after instant copy 7 came out, I messed around and discovered a way to let it burn you a dvd (with the help of Smartripper and Ifoedit) in an hour or less. mind you, that this was a time when burning a dvd took 24 hours to do (before dvd shrink, nero recode etc.). so my first post was actually a guide. Instant copy by itself to 2-6 hours to burn a dvd

I blew up instantly with that guide (plus many others that followed). I became famous in the computer world. the funny thing was, I didn't know much about computer then.

my cousin had given me one for free (I used to always say that computers will lead to the end of the world. I still believe that, but I might as well have fun as I can't stop computer progress).

it didn't do much (win 95 100 mhz 400mb hdd. I don't know how much ram that it had). but it got me interested enough to get something better. then I was always a constant upgrade in motion. everything took off from there

eventually I started receiving thousand of emails a days. I couldn't handle it. I eventually disappeared from there forever. I even had to get new email addresses. I glad that this site didn't make emails public

now when I have a question from that site I will go to the guides and get an answer. I don't need to even log in to do that.

guides will make everybody life here easier. especially if it isn't listed in a tips section that has a lot of useless posts (guys, I'm not dissing tips, I'm just trying to make a point)

A guide section would be more helpful, even if you don't think so

i personally think it would make my life easier to have a few main guides in this new section to link to and answer questions more efficiently.

I'm not "h8ing", I'm just explaining to you why this guides section will never become a reality.

Eric, if you want to make a guide, go ahead. I agree that guides at the top of forums make things a lot easier:D

Create a guide, PM me with a link, and I'll put it up there. As long as we don't have a swath of guides at the top, then it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom