Millenium

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfalls3232

Beta member
I tried to reformat a harddrive with millenium on it and put windows xp, After the computer starts loading xp, it only gives a blank blue screen. Any Ideas to what is doing this, I tried to different harddrives, both of them do the same thing, I reformated it with a windows 98 boot disk.

How are u booting up the sytem prior to installation ... Are u using the XP cd itself ..or are u bootin' frm some other media n' then tryin' to install.

How long have u waited ..on this blank blue screen ... Does it make any progress at all..

N' yes ..mention ur sys. config

This is a friend's computer, I built my own about a year, ago.
This computer is an old gateway, 800 celeron processor, millenium came with it, but everytime she tried to install a program it would get half-way then the computer would restart by itself without installing anything. THe internet connection was really good and fast, no problem connecting to any website's, so I figured it was the operating system. I first booted from a windows 98 boot disk, then I deleted the primary partion. I put in the windows xp disk and restarted the CPU and change the setup to boot from the cd-rom. Once it booted it ask me if I wanted to install a fresh copy of windows xp, I hit enter and ask me if I wanted to create a partion for xp, I hit enter and then it should various files being transferred on the bottom of the screen, after they finished installing the screen goes blank(Blue Screen), I even left it on for 12 hours and the screen was still blank.

Hmmm .. .. What's the memory on the system ?.... Also is the screen totally blank ... or does it stop at the coping file stage.

N' yes .. is the sytem by any chance running a PCI video card?

256 memory, it turns blue, but it as a part on the bottom that is white and it shows some files being copied, then that screen turns off and the whole screen stays blue., I'll have to check and see, but I don't think it is.

Try replacing the memeory with memeory form your old system, also if you still can... defrag the ME Partition.

I'm guessin' a bit here .. since am not totally sure ..if the screen ur seeing is the same thing that i think it is.....

If the screen freezes when it is copyin' the files ..plz make a note of the file ..which it is copying when it freezes....
This could be occuring due to bad media ... Does ur cdrom keep reading ..when the screen freeze's ..or does it totally stop reading?

If it's not a media issue ..then it could be narrowed down to 2 other things ... the memory ...or display card.
Plz reconfirm if u have an PCI video card ..if so which one.. ?
If u have other memory modules free ..try using them.

its ME i had the same problem once, as soon as you let that crappy os on your hard disk it creates problems for everything, format the whole disk and only put xp on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom