WB and YIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
got it to work once i cleared msconfig and reinstalled YIM

but still cant get it to work while WB is still on

ok ive got a fix for that im on a pocket pc right now the fix is on my computer so ill post it when i can

ok it's likely a conflict between Yahoo! Messenger's skinning engine and WindowBlinds. If you can, configure Windows Blinds program so it won't try to skin Messenger and set Messenger's skin to "Classic", which basically turns off the Messenger skinning engine. Click "Change Skin..." in the Messenger menu.

let me know if that helps

other forums
If it is just a matter of it being the skins, you might could try this:
goto startmenu

Run

Regedit

HKey_Current_User\Software\Yahoo\Pager\defaults

Under default you will see a key with the value:Indigo\indigo.xml
double-click that and delete the Indigo\indigo.xml and leave the value blank.

then goto:
HKey_Current_User\Software\Yahoo\Pager\Profiles
Locate the ID that you use and click it
After that you will see under your Profile Name a key called

(YBSkin)
select that key and look over and you will see two values

((VBSkinName)) double-click and delete the skin it has shown and leave value blank

((VBSkinned)) double-click and change its value to 0

After which Load Yahoo and it should no longer have a skin enabled
Selecting default to blank will make the skins revert to whatever skin your last logged in name skin was used .

i have tried that(taking off skin)^^ but it still froze

hmmm thats really weird its just a conflict between YIM and WB then there isnt much you can do about it. cuz you said you did get it to work with WB not running on startup?

yea when windows blinds doesnt run on start-up,yim works fine.even though wb has yim in ignore list.

thats really odd its just a conflict im preatty sure there isnt much you can do about it. all i can think of is to use trillian which has AIM, ICQ, MSN and YIM all in one i love it. good luck tho and let me know if you find a fix.

thnx for your help, at least you got yim to work!:D

i tried trilliana long time ago...i never liked it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom