Help! ATI vs. Hauppauge tv tuners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prometheus66

Solid State Member
I've been looking at tv tuners for a little while and i think i have narrowed it down to the Hauppauge pvr 150 (not MCE) with a remote or an ATI TV wonder elite. Both are around 90$ or so. I was wondering what people think? Anybody have these? Ive been leaning towards the hauppauge because it seemed to have good support with software and drivers but i read that the ATI has a better resolution but maybe not as good of software/drivers. I was hoping to watch and record tv with the tuner.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

My system:
Dell Dimension 8250
3.06 ghz with HT
768 RAM
120+400 GB Hard drives
ATI Radeon 9700

I have the ATI TV wonder pro, And Its pretty picky about which drivers to use. Besides that it is pretty good, although the driver issue is a pain. I know it isn't the same model but really I wouldn't recomend it.

maybe amd will set them strait now 0.o whatever u get be sure to tell us what u think about it ( im currently looking for one too)

harley3344 said:
maybe amd will set them strait now 0.o whatever u get be sure to tell us what u think about it ( im currently looking for one too)

We can only hope AMD will straighten it out, Although it sounds like right now the same people will be running the new ATI devision of AMD. I am sure AMD will not stand for products that just won't work. anyway yeah let us know I am thinking of getting a new one as well and for sure it won't be ATI so Hauppauge sounds like a good bet.

am i not looking at a brand that i should be? any other manufacturer of tv tuners that are good other than ati or hauppauge? im really leaning towards the hauppauge 150 but i just want to be sure.

i just bought a hauppage tv tuner. it was like $130. ill make sure to tell you guys how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom