Build now or wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

drake

Solid State Member
In the next month or so I need to build a new box. Budget is around 1500-2000 for the box. I have a screen but will be upgradeing everything else. Would like to go with Conroe and the best mobo that I can get. Might O/C it a tad if possible and would like to raid my hdd's. Couple hdd's will work or one large drive with a small partition for booting the OS. Should I wait a month or so for more mobo's to come out for the Conroe? I just do not see to many boards out for it now. I can get a 7950 gpu as I do game somewhat but I do not think it is worth my time to wait for DX10 as this system build would be quite fast enough. Anyway, your thougts appreciated.

Thanks

wait for more conroe mobos and more stocks of conroe....... right now both are in question of avalibility.
the DX10 cards won't be out for a long while anyway.

-Jo.

yeah people are freaking out about dx10 cards back then when they anounce it and it just push and push the release day, i am not so sure even if would be out as it has announced that it'll be out with the vista.

if you're going with conroe, great choice but wait man, supply is low so price is high. boards are still working with conroe because they're fairly new and the nvidia 500series chipset is coming too.

Wait.

The X1950XTX, and the G80 (maybe 8800GTX) are coming out soon and maybe conroe and good, well priced motherboards will become available.

When G80, R600, DX10 cards do come out, what do you expect of current vid card prices, have you seen any possible projections of price, mostly looking at 7800 or better cards.

I have no idea what the prices will be, but they'll definitely be lower. If I were in your position (I wish I was..), I'd wait until the DX10 cards come out and new AM2 stuff comes out.

I have no idea about the new AM2 processors, but the DX10 cards are supposed to be coming out in the next couple months i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom