Fraps = malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
also go to HKCU\windows registry\run and delete the entry

C:\Fraps is already deleted... Could you explain the other part to me? Right now I'm just using "find" in RegEdit to delete all folders and instances of Fraps. I've found like 8 already :confused:

WTF? I keep deleteing "Fraps.exe" from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, and it keeps reappearing :eek:

"My head hurts..."

OK, now be HONEST about this.... ..... Where did you get that version of fraps?... There are some warez versions on the [Ehem....] "outer internets" that could say that they have a totally cracked version of fraps, but it really turns out to be spam and malware. ...

I think it either might be the version you have, or someone has found a loophole through Fraps that allows ppl 2 h4X ur comp.

....I think you need to reformat, or run AdAware SE to see if there is some crapware in your system.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
:cool:

I'm going to be completely honest in saying I'm pretty sure it's a legit version, but if I had problems finding it, I may have just took a quick way out by getting it on BitTorrent.

Just ran Ad-Aware SE Pro, zero spyware found.

"Fraps.exe" in startup isn't really starting any process. It's just annoying that it's stuck in the startup entries, and undeletable.

try the scans first and then if all else fails reformat no spyware will survive that :)

jcortes said:
try the scans first and then if all else fails reformat no spyware will survive that :)

It's really not worth a format. Just an annoying little glitch or bug that doens't really do anything, it's just there...

Try this:
1. Uninstall fraps.
2. Run regedit and search for (ctrl+f) and delete "nZgFQGQhfU." (if it exists)
3. While in regedit, delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Licenses.
4. delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Fraps (if it exists).
5. delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Fraps2 (if it exists).
6. search the registry for "fraps" and delete anything that looks like it has to do with fraps
7. Jump to your C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Local Settings\Temp folder and delete EVERYTHING that it will let you delete.
8. Delete C:\Fraps (or wherever you installed fraps, in my case, C:\Program Files\Fraps) (if it exists)
9. Search for "fraps" in your computer, and delete everything it pops up (unless you recognize something as not part of the program)

WorldIndustries said:
It's really not worth a format. Just an annoying little glitch or bug that doens't really do anything, it's just there...
if its spyware that is infact collecting your personal information than i would say its worth a format.

EDIT: try warez's solution and if that doesnt work then also try his spyware guide and format can be your final option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom