the x64s

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
is 64bit better than 32bit computers? if so then why and why arn't programs and stuff made for 64bit yet? i dont know much but if a system needs 8 groups of 8 bit data then wudn't it be slower? can someone explain just a bit

they make windows xp x64. but nothing is compatible with it so nobody buys it. in my opinion, if they got it working, 64bit applications would become more popular.

heffer said:
is 64bit better than 32bit computers?

For high end math, and if you need support for 32gb or more of RAM, then yes.

heffer said:
if so then why and why arn't programs and stuff made for 64bit yet?

They are, Linux has been out for AMD64/EM64T for 2 years now. 90% of the software for Linux has been ported to AMD64/EM64T and is all free. Even Unreal Tournament 2004 has a 64-bit Linux version. So there are programs for 64-bit processors.

goblue14 said:
they make windows xp x64. but nothing is compatible with it so nobody buys it. in my opinion, if they got it working, 64bit applications would become more popular.

I really doubt having yet another version of Windows XP (like we haven't had enough of it already! it was released in 2003!) will make 64-bit more popular. All new processors (except the Core Duo's) are 64-bit. Mac OS X and Linux are ready, but where's Windows? Oh, that's right, lol. They're spending a lot of time in making an exact copy of OS X. :p

hey leave microsoft alone. you think it is easy taking forever to produce an os with as many problems as windows people do. That takes skill.
tom c

Re: Re: the x64s

The General said:
They are, Linux has been out for AMD64/EM64T for 2 years now. 90% of the software for Linux has been ported to AMD64/EM64T and is all free. Even Unreal Tournament 2004 has a 64-bit Linux version. So there are programs for 64-bit processors.

Thanks for giving me another reason to switch to Linux when Vista takes over.

Re: Re: Re: the x64s

WorldIndustries said:
Thanks for giving me another reason to switch to Linux when Vista takes over.

No problem. :)

tomc102968 said:
hey leave microsoft alone. you think it is easy taking forever to produce an os with as many problems as windows people do. That takes skill.
tom c

lol

I tjink microsoft is going down every day more and more. With more versions of Linux, and the OS X that supports intel cpu's I see their end soon. So they should start making better programs with less errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom