$450 Pc Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

asiansensation

Solid State Member
Hey guys i'm kind've a newb on computers and want to get a new one, i'm not that hardcore on computers and only need one for descent speed and for the games counter-strike 1.6 and counter-strike Source. I'll be specific to what i want;
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-6-GHz-P4-64-b...QQihZ017QQcategoryZ114193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I want that ^, for maybe $450 or a cheaper price, if you guys can list a whole complete setup of product list and links and prices for a computer similar or faster than that with my budget that would be great. Thanks.

The pc that you picked at ebay is good. All you have to do to start gaming is buy like a geforce 6600.

yeah, i bought it too, i won that auction, was wondering if I could get another one similar to it for my budget, or was that pc on ebay just a really good deal and its gonna be impossible for me to build the same kind for as much?

th computer on ebay, was a really good deal, i'd say something like that would run maybe $400-$500 in the retail market

regardign the video card i ca almost guarrrenty that the motherboard is AGP caus eit comes with a 5700 (never released in PCI-E) you can pick up 6600 as low as $90 in AGP

You could build a slightly better one for the same price.

Athlon 64 3500+ ($90 shipped)
Chaintech S1689 mobo ($45 shipped)
Western Digital 200gb hd ($75 shipped)
1gb pc3200 ram ($60 shipped)
Geforce 6800 ($135 shipped)
500watt case ($30 shipped)

Total: $435 shipped

i wouldn't suggest a chaintech mobo personally. there are other alternatives from companies like MSI and ASUS (well known to be good) that would be around $60-70. I'll suggest a rig in a just a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom