oblivion maxed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but it works.

I can set no AA in Quake 3 (as there is no setting for it), but have it set at 16x in the Nvidia settings, and I get 16x AA.

How it works, though, I am not sure.

7900GT SLI or 7900GTX can play it pretty comfortable maxed out at 1280x1024. They can probably play 1600x1200, but you'd have to lower things like viewing distance and grass density.

so ur saying that a 7900GTX Can run OBLIVION at MAX possible settings at a resolution of 1280x1024. by MAX i mean every single option at highest expet for the resolution which is at 1280x1024.???

Well, the 7900gtx can get pretty close. You may have to still tone down some things like tree canopy shadows and grass shadows. If you really want to play Oblivion maxed, which you need to if you want the true experience, you need to put the game on the shelf and wait for a next gen video card. That is what I am doing. Im confident that a G80 or R600 will eat Oblivion for breakfast.

bum said:
Simple question: as far as graphics cards are concerned, what is the bare minimum to max out oblivion?

And for the record its for a friend not me (I'm totally cool with cheaper cards).:p
I run mine maxed with a 6800gt. It gets sketchy in some points where there's a lot of fire and magik going on, but otherwise I've noticed no problems.

Re: Re: oblivion maxed out

ShoobieRat said:
I run mine maxed with a 6800gt. It gets sketchy in some points where there's a lot of fire and magik going on, but otherwise I've noticed no problems.

Yeah, but wouldn't that be at a low res like 1024x768?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom