4400+...89watts or 110 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
So I'm thinking about upgrading to a 4400 before I move to england to get my pc a little more future proof while I can do it for less money here in the states...

anyway....There are 2 versions of the 4400:

ADV4400CDBOX (89watts.... 49-71 max temp)
ADA4400CDBOX(110watts....49-65 max temp)

I'm thinking of trying out the ADV as it seems a bit more efficient and heat tolerant. Has anyone had any experience with this particular cpu?

I'm hoping for at least 2.6-2.8ghz.

Yes go for the one that requires less power and is more tolerant to heat.

that's what was in production first. the one with lower wattage and higher heat tolerances is the newest revision

well i just bought the ADV4400cdbox CPU along with some Sennheiser HD205 headphones for 271 shipped total.

Pretty good deal.

i wonder hows your toledo core can go, they say good things about them, i want to get one too and overclock it but AMD disctontinued it and with no price drop so instead i got a x2 3800 and overclocked it to 2.5ghz i can definitly go higher than that but no good cooling device only got a zalman, the one with aluminum fins.

to me that sounds like it may be a misprint (unless i am wrong). from memory the first specs sound EXACTLY like those of the Manchester core and the second one the Toledo core. it would make sense seeing as the Toledo core has near double the transistors of the Manchester core it will require more power and consequently produce more heat.
having an extra 100 million transistors or something would mean it would be less tolerant to heat as the more transistors.......the more likely some will become unstable in their operation

the yellow one said:
i wonder hows your toledo core can go, they say good things about them, i want to get one too and overclock it but AMD disctontinued it and with no price drop so instead i got a x2 3800 and overclocked it to 2.5ghz i can definitly go higher than that but no good cooling device only got a zalman, the one with aluminum fins.

umm... wrong.. price drops have applied.. open your eyes!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103546

249!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom