DVI vs Analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no the improvement depends on how much you believe what you are being told ;)

there is virtually no difference between VGA and DVI. as far as i know the actual ouitput from a monitor is still analogue. the LCD screens just have an internal decoder to change the signal from digital to analogue. in any case the only real differences would be noticeable if you were a) trying to use an absurdly long monitor cable b) had a lot of electrical interference.

Well duh the output is analog :p

This is like crazy people in thinking that digital actually sounds better, when in reality it just gets rid of pops, hiss and 60-cycle hum that are major problems with having crappy audio cables. The output is still analog, and shall ever be analog because speakers, by their nature, are analog.

The General said:
Well duh the output is analog :p

This is like crazy people in thinking that digital actually sounds better, when in reality it just gets rid of pops, hiss and 60-cycle hum that are major problems with having crappy audio cables. The output is still analog, and shall ever be analog because speakers, by their nature, are analog.

Speakers?? Talkn lcds here...

Anyways i tried both analog and digital connections to a Benq fv91v+ and a Viewsonic vp191b and I DID notice a clarity difference especially in text. However, i am very fussy, picky and observant so not everyone will probably notice...

Quote:
"An LCD (liquid-crystal display), on the other hand, like a computer, is a digital device. Manufacturers are increasingly putting both an analog and a digital connection on LCDs. When connected via an analog connection, an LCD is vulnerable to the same distortions that affect CRT monitors. However, when connected via a digital connection, often labeled DVI (for Digital Visual Interface), no digital-to-analog conversion is required, and there should be no loss or corruption of the signal."

And heres another link for all you non believers:

http://www.directron.com/dviguide.html

vaderpro said:
Speakers?? Talkn lcds here...

O RLY?? NO WAI! :amazed::rolleyes::mad:

vaderpro said:
Quote:
"An LCD (liquid-crystal display), on the other hand, like a computer, is a digital device. Manufacturers are increasingly putting both an analog and a digital connection on LCDs. When connected via an analog connection, an LCD is vulnerable to the same distortions that affect CRT monitors. However, when connected via a digital connection, often labeled DVI (for Digital Visual Interface), no digital-to-analog conversion is required, and there should be no loss or corruption of the signal."

And heres another link for all you non believers:

http://www.directron.com/dviguide.html

I don't care what they say, our eyes are interpreting analog signals. There are not 1's and 0's being fed to my brain, and until then, its analog.;)

im usiong a dvi cable and although it will not make much difference, if u use higher resolutions it may just make a difference, and also, if ure monitor had a digital input, wouldnt it hav come with a dvi cable?

i agree with the general on this. the nature of a TFT screen implies that the actual display is produced by an analogue signal provided by the transistors. the signal is received via DVI and IS converted to an analogue signal that is fed through each pixel.

i think that should end this debate and we can get back on topic..........

DVI and VGA give basically the same picture in MOST circumstances

They are also good for being 3 feet deep and weighing 85 pounds.

I'm over CRT's. Used to be a big fan, but now that I see the screen on my LAPTOP that looks better than my 21" Trinitron, I think it's time to go LCD again.

I bought an expensive lcd monitor that came with dvi but i didn't use it for about 1 week.

Than i used the cable and saw a huge difference in everything...

Dvi makes your screen faster...

Honestly i thought my pc got faster cause my monitor was just movin slow with the vga cable.

Norcent said:
I bought an expensive lcd monitor that came with dvi but i didn't use it for about 1 week.

Than i used the cable and saw a huge difference in everything...

Dvi makes your screen faster...

Honestly i thought my pc got faster cause my monitor was just movin slow with the vga cable.

I believe you. Its just some people will argue water isnt wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom