• Other..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
We need to post a guides section

Sometime a poster come on here with the same question being ask a million times.

it would be easier for us to drirect them to the guides section (most of them could figure out how to look there themselves)

I'm interested in making 2 guide that should be stickied to the top.

1.how to install xp (obvious reasons)

2.how to install xp without the cd

we get a lot of people wanting to reinstall xp, but the manufacturer's didn't give them an xp cd. but they did put an i386 folder on their hdd. you can install xp with that an a bart pe cd

I have a few more guides, that I could possibly make, but these are the most important

i agree with eric especially warez spyware guide should be readily available that would cut down on repeated questions and we can just point them to the guides section instead of posting the same thing over and over as like warez's guide. brilliant idea eric youve got my vote.

We have the "Tips, tricks, and tutorials" sub-forum for your Windows guides, and "Tutorials." for your other guides...

j4ckaL said:
We have the "Tips, tricks, and tutorials" sub-forum for your Windows guides, and "Tutorials." for your other guides...

it isn't the same.

this section would have simple guides for the basic most commonly ask questions. these guides should also include picture for people who aren't so tech saavy.

I dont know. I mean there is the search function that they can use to get the answers they need. We see how well that works. Would a Tut section be any different? We already link them to the other topics about thier problem. which they could have found themselves with a search.

In theory it sounds good. But will people use it is the real question.

i think it would be easier for the people actually helping out the other people it could offer a fast fix to many problems especially spyware and windows formating and installing. all we would have to do is point them to the link that way even we dont have to search.

jcortes said:
i think it would be easier for the people actually helping out the other people it could offer a fast fix to many problems especially spyware and windows formating and installing. all we would have to do is point them to the link that way even we dont have to search.

this is exactly, how I envision it

I don't get it. Why can't you guys post these guides in the already existing tutorials sections? It doesn't say anywhere that these tutorial sections are for advanced topics only...

j4ckaL said:
I don't get it. Why can't you guys post these guides in the already existing tutorials sections? It doesn't say anywhere that these tutorial sections are for advanced topics only...

because the guides will get easily lost in that section.

yes I thought of that too....

well you could Bookmark the threads in your browser so that you can find them easily when you need to direct someone to them. As for other people finding them on their own... I doubt they would bother to look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom