Bios menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

bboyt3nsk

Solid State Member
Hey guys this is my first post. My names dave im 21 and currently attending school in florida. And its good to be a part of this forum. Ive always wanted to build my own system, but I never had the knowledge until now.I look forward to learning and contributing what I can!

Now to my question...today in class we just got done learning about tweaking settings by using the BIOS menu. Seems very cool and I neever knew about it before. I only have like 5 settings I cant change. One of them is fan speed and has " [enter]" next to it. What would this be? Would this be fan speed or a different fan speed??? I dont really want to change anything unless I know what it is. My other question is, can I somehow override the system and adjust more things by using some sort of program?

Thanks
Dave

Welcome tothe forums dave

but what part of the bios is this under?

and there is some asus software that came with my motherboard that i use to change everything its really good you might be able to get somthing like it off your motherboards manufacturers website.

Thanks!

its under the "advanced section"

its just say "fan speed"....then has something I can change. but im not real sure what I should do with that, or what it does. Its a pretty limited menu I would say.

Ill check out that software too!

its doesnt show a specific value...I also went to the maufacterer website and it does not say either.

It looks like this...

Battery Alarm [Disable]

CPU Fan [ENTER] <-how its acutally displayed

etc
etc

lancec2c30 said:
hit enter and see what it says inside. it wont change anything if you only go into that ( cpu fan [enter] )

yeah do that, checkit outit out it could be somthing cool haha, i just wouldnt change it if your not certain of what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom