Need Help With Downloading!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRAZYCHIC

Solid State Member
Hi, am new here n i wud appreciate any help i can get regarding this matter!

Recently i downloaded Tuneup Utilities, McAfee Total Protection & NOD32 antivirus....and a few days later i cant download any file using Megaupload anymore!!! What is the problem??' This has never happened before n i really need to download some files from this site. Apperantly, i am the only one who cant download these file while everybodyelse can. Has my configuration changed or smtg? Have i accidently downloaded smtg important???
Please help me!!! Its URGENT!!!

Thanks a million! :)

sounds like the firewall is blocking it you need to go into the firewall settings and unblock it.

are you reffering to megaupload.com i thought you where refering to a program sorry. what happens when you go to megaupload.com can you see the site or what exacly happens, need a little more information.

more info

Actually there is this series that i am trying to download n till recently i could download from megaupload without problems, but nowadays i cant. I mean, i click on the file link and get the download code (3 letters) than wait for 40 secs to get the download link....but this is where it gets messed up!! I can never get the download link, after waiting for a few awhile, it says page not available.

Regarding changes in my firewall, i have tried fiddling with it but dont want to mess around too much coz i dunno know much abt this stuff.

I hope this info might be of some help as i really wanna get ths prob fixed asap!!!

THANKS!:)

do you have any other computers on your network and are they able to download the file? that way we can rule out the connection itself.

maybe i am a dummy...but wad u talkin abt??? :confused: my PC at home is connected with (ADSL) a1MB ethernet connection via a connecta box router.

tThe 1st day i got the connection i cud download from the site it was after that that i cudnt....mayb Nod32 eliminated some important files or what can i do with my firewall..coz at the moment i have Windows XP firewall as well as McAfee standard firewall.

Of all the ppl in this world it had to happen to me!!! :(

just try turning of mcafee and nod32 then see if you can download that way we know if its the firewall or not.

Hi, did as u suggested.....disactivated McAfee n even deleted NOD32 but i still cant download files from Megaupload. Do u think it has anything to do with Tuneup Utilities..i used it to improve the way my PC works n all. Thnx!

ya ive used tuneup utilities before i dont hink it would have anything to do with it. would you mind posting a screenshot of what it does when you try and download the file you want. also are you able to download other files besides that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom