Random Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser

Baseband Member
My computer simply likes to restart on its own for the fun of it. Whenever im running around 20 hours up time or so my computer will generally restart itself for no real apparant reason. However, I'm using an Antec P180 case that seems to me may have some thermal issues and a thermaltake big typhoon. I was wondering if this could just be a case of harddrives overheating or something of that nature, or does this simply sound like a ram problem?

Hello,

Firstly, is automatic restart enabled? If so, follow these instructions to turn automatic restart off:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

...this way you can find out if your computer is automatically restarting because it's encountering an error (in this case, the next time your system randomly restarts, you'll be confronted with a blue screen with an error message).

Your event manager will also log and give details about errors if they occured within Windows (Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer) however it can be confusing since you have to look for errors at the time it occured, and it is less direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom