Graphics Problem. Help! Desperate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Shift

In Runtime
I am having a very strange problem with a computer. The error occurs only when I attempt to play a 3d game of any kind. The error that occurs, makes all 3d games unplayable. What happens is...

The screen will freeze and the sound will skip like a broken record in the posistion that the screen froze.

The screen will stay frozen from 10 to 30 seconds.

Then, the screen will unfreeze, and the game will resume.

Correct rendering will resume for a little under 10 seconds. Then the problem will repeat.

I have not always had this problem. And nothing in my computer hardware setup (listed below) has changed in the past few months when 3d games worked fine.

After changing around graphics drivers with no luck, I figured the problem was a virus or a problem with windows and though I could reformat and reinstall. So I saved I reformatted and reinstalled and the problem is still here. I am desperate and need help with this problem. Please help me if you have any ideas.

Computer Specs are as follows:

SONY VAIO:
Asus i845chipset Mobo
1.6 Ghz P4
768MB DDR ram
Soundblaster Audigy Platinum Ex
Geforce 4 Ti4600
1 80GB 7200 rpm HD
1 40GB 7200 rpm HD

Again, if you have any ideas, Please let me know.

Dry reinstalling your dx and/or MBD drivers (agp, pci and IDE controller chipset)... also run a mem test. Takes awhile, but maybe a bad stick? Also how old is the power supply? Hopefully isn't going bad on you. Maybe its a heat issue? Damn, could be many things, but the above would be my next issue (expecially if the vid card is overheating, as it seems to happen in intense 3D apps but not on normal apps). So, in other words reinatll the dx version, check the vid cards (or actually the entire systems) heat index, then the other stuff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom