Hooking my computer to a TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TV has a fixed refresh rate at 60hz interlaced, you cannot change it. While you may be able to set it to something, its still being displayed at 60hz.

Just like how you can change the resolution, but its still 480x480 or whatever NTSC is.

I see lines in the TV, that look like refresh lines..like when the refresh rate is set real low. It completely distorts the image and I can't read the screen. What is wrong?

That's the interlacing.

There is nothing you can do to change this, TV outs for regular TVs (by that I mean not DVI or VGA) are meant for video playback, not normal computer usage.

Try playing a cd video on your pc, i'll bet it looks much better on your tv than your desktop will. I don't remember how I had it set up exaclty but I know I used s-video and sound out to the rca's on an rf modulator for my tv. The tv was an old GE model I purchased back in 1991.
I also used Nvidia software to set it up, I believe it was the clone monitor option.
Like I said video looked great, the desktop was kind of fuzzy but never had refresh lines.

ha...tv..yea all tv's have those horozontal lines, and you dont see them during movies because your eyes are moving!!! a desktop is stationary, so your eyes focus on one point...its simple...i got an nvidia card, and the tv flickered, but nvidia got an anti-flicker option, so i clicked it, and the flicker went away. i got no idea what it did, but it worked...i just use it for watching movies, using the wmp visualation, webcams, or im's with realy big text

I'm only trying to use it for video. :/

My drivers have an anti-flicker option aswell, but it doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom