Hooking my computer to a TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I have a kind of older TV that I want to hook up to my computer. It's just a regular 20" TV.

My new videocard (x800GTO) has a HDTV/S-Video/Composite Video out port. It came with these:

14-102-002-04.JPG

I tried hooking the little yellow thing into the videocard, and then hooking the yellow RCA cable from the videocard to the TV's video input. I put the TV to "Video" and it didn't work. I tried it through my VCR and putting the VCR to line 1 and line 2, but that didn't work either.

Do I need some kind of software, or do I have to enable a setting or something?

I didn't really know where to put this post, so move it if you have to.

Thanks.

In your display properties settings you'll need to click on the #2 monitor and double click the "Extend windows desktop to this monitor" box.
I used to have a 25' s-video/with sound jack to composite jack cable I purchased online for this, I'll post where I got it if I can remember :)

Ok I got display to come up on my TV, but it seems the refresh rate is way too slow at 60Hz. What should I set it to?

CrazeD said:
Ok I got display to come up on my TV, but it seems the refresh rate is way too slow at 60Hz. What should I set it to?

This is because your analogue television operates at 60Hz, as it is NTSC (this is the refresh rate for this standard). This is normal and isn't abnormally low.

Analogue television (using NTSC in the USA) is viewed at 60Hz.

Yes..I'm looking for what one to choose. :)

EDIT: I have to like 200 I believe..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom