Soundblaster Live not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockRice

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone:

I am using windows 2000 with service pack 4. On my Dell dimension 4400, I have a soundblaster live, The problem is no sound. Just about a week ago had to format it due to corupt files at loadup. Since then the soundblaster is not working, I loaded the drivers that came with it, even seen the icons, and stuff in my start menu.

The things I have done: Checked to make sure the speakers are hooked up and they have power. I even made sure it wasnt muted by the "volume control" by the clock, but still no sound.

Does anyone know anything else I should try?
:confused:

Hello,

Making sure that you've disabled onboard sound in the BIOS settings (if your motherboard has onboard sound), and that you've installed the creative drivers and software:
  1. Go to your start menu, look for Creative, and click to run the Creative Speaker Settings program.
  2. Once it has opened, click on the Mixer icon at the bottom. Make sure that both Wave and Volume levels are up, and unmuted...
  3. Close the mixer window, and go back to the Speaker Settings window...
  4. Select the appropriate speaker configuration at the top, check the Synchronize with Control Panel box, then click on the Calibrate... button below...
  5. Once the calibrator window appears, click on Basic and follow the steps...
  6. Once that has been completed, test your audio. I suggest you use the Speaker Test function in the Speaker Settings window...
  7. If you still don't get any sound at all from any programs or through sound events, then go back to Creative Speaker Settings, and click the Diagnostics icon at the bottom, and follow the instructions.[/list=1]

Thank you for your help.

I didnt find the one you said, but another creative dignostics.....did a test and seen a button "Revert to Default" <....something like that. Then run the test and eveything worked.

Thanks again for the help, and sudjestion.

Before I go are soundblaster live cards any good anymore, or is there something better?

just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom