What to Choose : Windows XP Home OR Professional????

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_emmynem

In Runtime
Which OS to choose guys as the title?????

which has better stability because i am going to purchase genunine windows with two-three days???? or shall i buy media center edition/?

what are you going to use it for. if you need encryption and other security stuff, or if you're using it to join any type of domain, get pro, if you won't be doing anything too special just get home or MCE.

if you want it for watching movies and music and stuff aswell as the security MCE is preatty good i have it and love it.

MCE is NOT pro with media features, it's home with media features, MCE is to home as tablet is to pro.

Personally, i'd get pro.

i completely disagree MCE has every feature PRO does with media center added trust me i setup advanced administarative options for people all the time and there is no difference between pro and media center i think media center is actually better. media center is built on xp pro.

I need for Personal Computing. A Technical Analyst Program, which is about 800 MB and for watching movies. I would not like the PC going corporate and i just want it very home like. Then Windows XP Home With Service Pack 2 is great???

Yes that should work fine.

Sorry, did my research and found that my A+ teacher has no clue what he's talking about(but what he said seemed logical at the time) and I've found that MCE is pro with just a few features removed.

little_emmynem said:
I need for Personal Computing. A Technical Analyst Program, which is about 800 MB and for watching movies. I would not like the PC going corporate and i just want it very home like. Then Windows XP Home With Service Pack 2 is great???

well if your looking for multimedia features home doesnt really offer much unless you install 3rd party software Media Center Edition however has a whole user interface dedicated to media i like it alot but its just a matter of how much you would use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom