as5 is like glue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
put it in an antistatic bag, then put it in the freezer for about half an hour. then take it out, and twist it clockwise and counterclockwise

I don't think anyone would ever put his high end card in a freeze :eek:

Just my opinion at least, lol.

-Jo :confused:

I've done it before. it's fine, just as long as you don't get water on it (that's part of the reason I said use an antistatic bag aswell)

if you do get water on it, just let it dry. it will work when it's dry.

k i have the smae prob with my cpu, i dont have an anystatic bag, would a snadwitch bag work.

and what about the chip in the vga i said about, is it gonna be ****ed?

.... I think you got the wrong AS5... I think you got the kind that is shipped with the glue that you mix to mount ramsinks and the such... Normal AS5 will not do that... It won't be that solid...

wow...

this reminds me of one guy at XS who gave his motherboard a bath in acetone and it worked fine.

:freak:

Lord AnthraX said:
wow...

this reminds me of one guy at XS who gave his motherboard a bath in acetone and it worked fine.

:freak:

Haha, wow..

I can't wait till someone throws their motherboard into the dishwasher. :D

k, maby i got sent adesive as5 but it dosnt say that it is, does normal as5 come in 2 parts??

anyways back to my other question, is the vga vucked if the is a tiny chip in the shiney square gpu???

my tube of AS5:

img009pv0.jpg

if it doesn't look like that then there is something wrong

i have no idea about the chipped surface of the GPU. my understanding is that that plate is basically a heatspreader. it should still work but it is kind of worrying. i guess you don't have anything better to than test it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom