KVM for a Logitech G7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nojoy

Solid State Member
Does anyone know of a "powered" KVM for a Logitech G7 mouse? I've been using the Logitech wireless Trackman Wheel for years on a standard KVM with no problems. However when I tried to use the G7 on the same KVM it won't work. The unit itself will power up and charge a battery, but it won't connect and allow me to use it. I can plug the wireless USB transmitter directly into a USB port, and that works fine, but only for that PC. I need to be able to jump between my 2 pc's with this mouse the same way that I can with my Trackball.

Does anyone know if such a KVM exists? Do you know of any work-arounds for this problem? Got any recommendations or links for me to check out?

Thanks in advance for everybodys time and help.

Hello,

How did you connected the Logitech G7 USB receiver to the KVM? Using a USB to PS/2 adaptor?:

USB-PS2-unit.gif

Or KVM with USB?

Also, what KVM is it?

hi there!! logitech g7 recognised by windows as human interface device and then recognise usb receiver attached to the human interface device. in order to do that correctly and have enough power to use the mouse and the charger as well, you need to plug it directly to a usb port. i have connected the small usb receiver on the port of the charger and working perfect.
if you have news, post a reply!

Thanks fer the response Alvin. It's an Iogear Miniview 2 port KVM (PS/2). And I think the PS/2 is the problem. I had to use a usb-to-ps/2 converter (like you posted) just to connect it (there was no other way). THis gave me a blinking light on the G7 charging station (like it was charging a battery), but that was it. It didn't work.

Same thing if I just plugged the G7 USB thingy into the converter sans the G7 charging station: no go. This is why i'm thinking I need to get a powered USB KVM. I'm just hoping that byu posting here somebody can tell me if i'm right/wrong, or if there is some other way of getting it to work (which at this point I don't think there is).

hey my friend nojoy!!
i also post a reply but this seems to me like not even read it.
logitech g7 needs to plug it directly on a usb port.
if you don't have available usb port, install a pci usb 2 card, that will give you 2 or 4 usb 2 ports extra. that's it.
good work!

Hey djb, sorry I didn't even see it :(

Thanks for trying, but not having any USB ports is not the problem. I need a powered KVM with USB ports on it (I think) so I can jump between both PC's. It has to be powered (again, I think..) cause the mouse is a wireless one. Even if I "down graded" to the G5 i'd still need a USB switch, as that one (like the G7 apparently) will not work with a USB-to-PS/2 adapter.

I think you nailed it King X13. In fact after a bit of reading and looking at those pics i'm sure of it. THANK YOU for posting that link! And thanks to everybody for trying to help, I appreciate it! :)

Just wanted to post an update. Ive since ordered/received and installed the afore mentioned KVM and it works great! The only thing I had to do was get a USB keyboard (not a ps/2 with a usb adapter). Just wouldn't work with an adapter. I didn't want anything fancy (this was for work not gaming.. well, not exclusively gaming anyway...) so I bought a MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. Plugged it in and in conjunction with my Logitech G7 mouse i'm bouncing between 2 PC's with no probs. Thanks again to everyone that took the time to read and post. Places like this are what make pc problems tolerable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom