9600XT overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Yeah, it's getting a little outdated already... Maybe overclocking will help it last a while longer?

I really don't know much at all about video card overclocking though, other than that it can easily end up with burnt toast.

So I use AtiTool 0.24 to adjust core/memory speeds... Default is 400 Core, 366 Memory. I've gotten the core up to 450 with zero problems, might go a nice bit further as far as I know...

But does overclocking the video card give much of a performance gain at all? I don't really care about decrease of component life anyway, since I'm due for a new card soon...

And what would you expect the max mem/core speeds that I could get out of this?

With my 9600 vanilla, I got like 460/330 from 396/296.

You will see awesome gains if you can go far enough. The clocks that I got weren't even worth it, lol.

you will see a awsome gain in performace but not graphicly wise.

Whenever i overclock gfx cards you never see graphics improvments, maby barely any but your FPS gos UP ALOT. So its def worth it.

zeppelinfan2009 said:
you will see a awsome gain in performace but not graphicly wise.

Whenever i overclock gfx cards you never see graphics improvments, maby barely any but your FPS gos UP ALOT. So its def worth it.

lol, you can't expect your graphics to improve just because your card is at a higher clock speed. What determines graphics is the settings they run at in the game, your AA settings, your AF settings, and a lot of other things.

However, if your FPS goes up, it will leave you headway for higher game settings or higher AA/AF settings.

CrazeD said:
lol, you can't expect your graphics to improve just because your card is at a higher clock speed. What determines graphics is the settings they run at in the game, your AA settings, your AF settings, and a lot of other things.

However, if your FPS goes up, it will leave you headway for higher game settings or higher AA/AF settings.

thank you for making me feel like a retard :(

lol, I thought I was the only one that still had a 9600xt! I've tried OC'ing in the past and it just didnt work for me. A small 15-30 mhz increase in ram and core didn't do much, more likely it made my card unstable and I started to artifact in games. Hope yours doesnt crap out like mine.

Jinru said:
lol, I thought I was the only one that still had a 9600xt! I've tried OC'ing in the past and it just didnt work for me. A small 15-30 mhz increase in ram and core didn't do much, more likely it made my card unstable and I started to artifact in games. Hope yours doesnt crap out like mine.

Yeah, some with my 9600Vanilla. Just small clocks that don't help at all. I actually lost peformance because that little bit made it unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom